Work & Study global Start up
global Start up
Applied Diploma in Innovation and Entrepreneurship Toronto and Vancouver
The time frame for completion of the program is within 56* weeks
Program Outcome: In this hands-on program you will learn from experienced business owners, managers and experts how to develop and create a business idea that will iterate and evolve, and the skills and knowledge needed to launch and run a successful business.Work & Study global Start up
Each module takes the foundations learned in the core Innovation & Business Ideation course and puts a real-life strategy, operations, sales & marketing, financial management and communications lens on the business idea you and your classmates have decided to pursue.
Learning Outcome: By the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Develop a business idea that is aligned with your passion and personal values
- Create a prototype/ Minimum Viable Product (MVP) to validate a business idea
- Create customer user profiles
- Develop a sales process
- Create a marketing plan that corresponds with sales goals
- Identifying the opportunities and challenges presented when looking at a business model through a global perspective.
- Hire, fire and most importantly retain employees
- Manage both human and capital resources
- Communicate with your accounting team and understand the elements of financial statements
- Define key financial and startup metrics to measure growth and traction
- Develop and manage a comprehensive cash-flow budget
- Develop your fundraising strategy
- Understanding the fundamentals of capital raising and how to pitch your idea to potential funders and investors.
- Identify the legal needs of your startup and start planning an IP strategy
- Operate as an effective team leader
- Communicate through empathy and leadership with business stakeholders, such as investors, employees, and potential customers.
Co-Op Work Experience:You will apply the concepts discussed with the mentors in real life situations, gain valuable experience and graduate with a competitive edge.
Expand your career opportunities. The skills of entrepreneurship are for everyone – not just for startup founders. In this program you will learn to be nimble, flexible and forward-thinking. You will be confident to drive change and know how to stand out in a company.
- Your age must be between 18 – 29 years old.
- Good English – IELTS 5.0 or Tamwood online test + interview or ELS in Canada.
- Graduated from secondary school or have Diploma, Bachelor Degree.
- All certificates with a notary seal.
Name of Course/Subject:
- Course 1: Innovation & Business Ideation.
- Course 2: Marketing for Startups & Product Launches.
- Course 3: Global Business Strategies.
- -Course 4: Execution & Management.
- Course 5: Financial Management.
- Course 6: Business Communications.
- Co-Op Work Practicum Term (Diploma Program only).